What is Covid-19?
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. In severe cases, some patients have pneumonia in both lungs, multi-organ failure, and in some cases, death.
- Patients with COVID-19 typically have mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- A fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
How can I stop the virus from spreading?
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid large gatherings with more than 10 people and avoid physical contact (hugging, shaking hands, etc.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- If you are sick: stay home, limit close contact with others and call your doctor before going to a clinic.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash when finished.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.