Hiring: Executive Director
The Multi-Cultural Center of Sioux Falls seeks an experienced and dynamic leader to advance the organization and its mission. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong business acumen, their ability to build collaboration and partnerships, strong communication and interpersonal skills, effective leadership with staff, community leadership, and a board of directors, their fundraising capacity and their passion for the mission.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the organization, which includes responsibility for: establishing and implementing long range goals and strategic plans; revenue planning and financial management; program operations and development; staff management and development; community engagement; fundraising plans and strategies.
Interested candidates will find a full posting for the position on Indeed.com, KELOLANDemployment.com, or may submit their interest directly to Laurie@sfmcc.org.
Applications will be accepted until Noon on Friday, February 4, 2022.
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors via the Board Chairperson
SUMMARY: The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the organization, which includes responsibility for: establishing and implementing long range goals and strategic plans; revenue planning and financial management; program operations and development; staff management and development; community engagement; fundraising plans and strategies. A passion for the mission of the organization is key for success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide strategic leadership in establishing and maintaining a culture that aligns with the mission of the organization. Lead, motivate and develop staff and Board so that they are passionate about the MCC mission and achievements.
• Cultivate a strong partnership with the Board of Directors. Fully engage members through accurate and timely information around all aspects of the organization, its mission and operation.
• Enrich and maintain existing community partnerships and explore additional partnership opportunities.
• Promote MCC visibility through participation in civic organizations, events, and activities. Build long-term relationships and represent the organization within the community and among key donor segments of the community.
• Assure the organization is in full compliance with all local, state and federal rules governing the organization and its programs.
• Oversee all aspects of human resource management and administration.
• Oversee and support the development, design and implementation of program initiatives, assuring that goals and objectives are aligned with the overall strategic plan.
• Provide leadership and direction to direct report staff, encouraging growth and development.
• Ensure a workplace that attracts, develops and motivates staff to do their best; to work together as a team and support the success of each team member.
• Utilize the skills and knowledge of the team members through delegation and empowerment.
• Oversee the financial stability and growth of the organization; building and maintaining adequate reserves to support the organization.
• Work with the financial vendor to ensure timely completion of the annual budget, monthly financial statements, the annual audit and all other financial reports required through the organization’s work.
• Negotiate contracts for the benefit of the organization.
• Ensure fiscal policies are effective.
• Develop the annual fundraising plan and goals as part of the fiscal management strategy.
• Develop and manage donor relations to achieve goals and enhance mission and financial stability.
• Provide leadership with the Board of Directors in achieving the annual development goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired. A Master’s Degree/MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years demonstrated success in nonprofit leadership.
• Demonstrated success in effectively leading change and organizational growth through strategic planning.
• Demonstrated success in acquiring agency support through successful grant applications, corporate
support and general fund raising.
• Strong marketing and public relations experience. Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders, business
partners, and community leaders.
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills, possessing the ability to inspire trust and
confidence and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences.
• Proficient in the use of information technology and management of database systems.