The Multi-Cultural Center of Sioux Falls offers a number of paid services to the Sioux Falls community.
The Multi-Cultural Center of Sioux Falls' immigration attorney provides professional immigration services to individuals and their families needing assistance with matters before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, The Executive Office for Immigration Review, and the Department of State.
Our immigration attorney is able to help with:
- Family Immigration Law
- Consular Law
- Employment Authorization
- The U.S. Naturalization Test
- Citizenship for Military Members and Dependents
- Permanent Residence
- Travel Documents and Visas
- Extending Your Visit to the U.S.
- Refugee Adjustment
Appointments can be scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call 605-367-7401 to set up your appointment. A consultation fee must be paid prior to the first appointment.
Interpreting and Translation Services
By offering interpreting and translation services, it is our goal to put English speakers and non-English speakers on even footing.
The Multi-Cultural Center's Interpreting Services offers:
- Legal, Government, Medical, and Social settings.
- 24/7 service available.
- Document translations, such as birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, transcripts, diplomas, and more!
Our interpreters participate in orientation and Code of Ethics sessions. A Code of Conduct for interpreters in South Dakota judiciary Rule 13-05 was ordered and adapted in February 2013. This Code of Conduct applies to all our interpreters.
- Accuracy and Completeness: The ethical responsibility of the interpreter to interpret accurately and completely without altering, omitting, or adding anything to the meaning of what is said.
- Representation of Qualification: It is essential that interpreters present a complete and truthful account of their training, certifications, and experience prior to appointments.
- Impartiality and Avoidance of Conflict of Interest: Interpreters should avoid any behavior that presents the appearance of favoritism toward anyone.
- Professional Demeanor: Interpreters should know and observe the established protocol, rules, and procedures for delivering interpreting services.
- Confidentiality: Interpreters must protect and uphold the confidentiality of all privileged information obtained during the course of their duties.
- Restriction of Public Comment: Interpreters should not discuss their assignments with anyone other than persons who have a formal duty associated with the case.
Our interpreters and translators receive training in professional development, dynamics of cross-cultural communication, different modes of interpreting (simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation), medical terminology and practice, and legal/court terminology and practice.
Contact the Multi-Cultural Center at 605-367-7401 or email email@example.com.
Want to work with us as an interpreter? You can submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With a unique stage, a vast 9400 sq. ft. floor space, and balcony seating, The Coliseum can host a variety of different events: Art Showings, Dances, Recitals, Pageants, Live Bands, Meetings, Pow Wows, Weddings, Receptions, Graduations, or your specific event!
The Coliseum can seat up to 480 people in banquet seating or 1300 in conference seating on the main floor and 300 in the balcony.
Learn more, including how to rent the space for your next event, at coliseumofsiouxfalls.com.